You’re new to your business. Maybe you’ve never run your own business before and you don’t know what to do next?
It seems like there’s so much to do every day and just not enough time to do it and it can be so confusing.
I speak to so many women who are just STUCK and before they know it, another week, another month or even another year has gone by with no change, no growth and no results.
Here’s 3 Reasons why you might be STUCK:
1. You don’t have a plan to follow that you have confidence in to grow your business
2. You ‘re confused about what you should be doing next or how to do it
3. You don’t have clear direction, so you’re indecisive and procrastinate a lot
So here’s how to get unstuck and make progress every day towards your Big Idea:
Define Your Next ‘Exciting’ Logical Step
Your Next ‘Exciting’ Logical Step is like the next ‘mini-milestone’ in your business. It may take 2 or 3 months to achieve so it keeps you tuned in and focused every day. Its always the next most important thing that HAS to be acheived, to move you towards your Big Idea (your dream outcome).
For example, some of the Next Logical Steps of my clients are:
– for a client who is developing a new coaching program – their very first pilot model client (to test the program on)
– for a client new to business – their first paying client
– for a client wanting to leave their full time job – $1000 per week of sales in their business
– for a client looking to go to the next level in their business – their first $2000 week.
– for a client introducing a new service into their business – 5 bookings a week
– for a client ready to scale – putting on their first employee.
TIP: It’s important to differentiate your NELS from a task eg a task is to get a new website, a NELS is to achieve 4 sales a month.
How is being clear on my Next ‘Exciting’ Logical Step going to help me?
It programs your mind to the outcome you want most – what we think about, we achieve
You are clear on what has to be done
It provides you with focus and motivation every single day
It stops you from chasing bright shiny things
It makes decision making easy – no more indecision
No more procrastination because you know what your business needs you to do
So what’s the NELS in your business?
Write it down in your diary every day, and ensure that there is at least one task scheduled that is moving you towards your NELS. (More is better!)
‘Do one important thing a day that moves you towards your Next Exciting Logical Step, and you’ll see change in a week, results in a month, and be amazed at where you are in 12 months’ time’