THERE IS ONLY ONE JUDGE OF ANY REAL CONSEQUENCE IN BUSINESS…
YOUR RESULTS – THEY TELL YOUR STORY AND YOU NEVER HAVE TO SAY A WORD
Our results can come from two different platforms:
EGO DRIVEN RESULTS
These tend to be at the seat of least desirable performance. Regardless how poor our results or how obvious the reason for the results, our ego will find a justification as to why this outcome came about. None of these justifications will result in you finding the true cause or rectifying it if need be. The ego plays its favourite trick all the time, it comes up with an excuse or justification and then justifies it with its warped, entirely fallable logic.
Here are some of the excuses the Ego wheels out on a regular basis:
- It’s the same for everyone out there
- I’m doing my best and if that’s not good enough …. well ……
- It’s someone else’s fault
- It’s not my fault it’s just the way it is
- It’s my useless manager/salesperson/another employee
- The GFC is still going on you know …
- You don’t understand my business
………And any one of a million or so justifications why the results aren’t there
LOGIC DRIVEN RESULTS
With this thinking platform, there is no justification required, just the logic behind the results.
If you are driven by logic, and the result is not what you anticipated, you will generally have a comment somewhere close to one of these:
- I wasn’t good enough to get the outcome I wanted
- I did it wrong
- I must get advice to fix this
- I need a better plan
- I must find out why I am not making the progress to become as wealthy as I want
- I will never blame others or circumstances for my lack of right outcomes
- I TAKE THE BULLET FOR MY LESS THAN DESIROUS RESULTS
Which platform do YOU revert to most often?
BANISH EGO-DRIVEN THINKING and ONLY THEN will you be
in control of your life. It is a never-ending quest to master
this until it is habit. When you pursue LOGIC-DRIVEN THINKING your
destiny progressively becomes all that you could possibly wish for.
‘I take the bullet for my less than satisfactory results.
I must make ‘ME’ better if I am ever to become wealthy and lead a
contented and worthwhile life of purpose, excitement and freedom.’
LET’S LOOK AT SOME OF THE CORE INGREDIENTS OF BECOMING A LOGIC- DRIVEN THINKER:
1 Acknowledge that we live in a country with unlimited and abundant opportunity and the only limitations we have to deal with are those we impose upon ourselves – THIS IS PURE LOGIC.
2 W, Clement Stone in his immortal bestselling classic book THE SUCCESS SYSTEM THAT NEVER FAILS outlines three foundational necessities for any business to understand, create plans around and leverage off.
- Inspiration to Action – A healthy part of this is your BIG IDEA – a reason to be doing what you’re doing. Something that has the capacity to inspire you to all that you desire for yourself.
- Know How – This is your capacity to know all that you need to know about HOW TO DO what’s required to deliver what your business provides to the market place. It is very much about progressively becoming an expert or a recognised authority in what you do.
- Activity – This is when you take your KNOW-HOW and turn it into dollars and you have a system/formula to do so and you are able to replicate what you do over and over because of your system/formula.
Have you ever noticed that some people have seemingly the ‘Midas Touch’ and they go through life attracting virtually everything they want? There are a lot of these people around. First and foremost these people are all Logic-based thinkers and the way they talk to themselves all day long is directly aligned to, and with no resistance, as to what they expect to have happen in their lives.
We need to get our thinking in direct alignment with the outcome we want from the business and become emotionally attached to the Big Idea. We must do what the business requires and not just what we feel like doing – we must build every day, from a platform of logic not
For more information contact Fiona: