In the journey of an Entrepreneur, there are several stages to progress through in pursuit of their Big Idea.
If the business owner doesn’t grow, the business won’t grow so change is a must. Some business owners struggle with change – to their own detriment. The business will stay the same and the owner will become increasingly frustrated at where they are, and wondering why they haven’t progressed.
So what do you need to learn to be the business owner who has a business that works without them? By identifying these stages, we endeavor to bring to light the phases required to get the results that you want and need.
- BUILDING THE BIG IDEA – When you have a BIG IDEA you build the emotional connection to the outcomes that you really want from your business and life. As the emotional connection strengthens through becoming clearer and clearer on your BIG IDEA, your drive increases. When you are DRIVEN, progress is automatic. You have CLARITY.
- NEXT LOGICAL STEP – From your BIG IDEA, you can identify your NEXT LOGICAL STEP. This is a ‘mini-milestone’ in your business and is the next thing you must accomplish to enable you to move towards your Big Idea. When you know your Next Logical step you can organise your daily activity to achieve it. You have DIRECTION.
- PRODUCTIVE EVERY DAY – THIS IS THE PHASE THAT STARTS TO PRODUCE THE RESULTS – This starts with getting ORGANISED so that you are productive every day. If you are caught in ‘busy’, you’re probably not being productive which means progress towards your Next Logical Step is slow. This is where the majority of small business owners spend their time and do not get the results from their business they want. Are you doing what the BUSINESS requires or just what you feel like doing?
- NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL SOMEONE SELLS SOMETHING – is obviously the most important thing a business owner can focus on to move forward but so many business owners will not even make the effort to organise their day to be productive enough that they are doing sales activity every day and lots of it. Here also requires a move towards delegating/employing so that operational tasks are done by someone else – this can be a big move for some and take time.
- This is the longest stage for BUSINESS OWNERS to move through, depending on their enthusiasm for change and learning, drive and their discipline If they are driven by their BIG IDEA and are disciplined to do what the business requires to get to where they want to be, they move through it quickly. If they are not driven or disciplined, they can take a lot longer. Some never move through this phase and merely ‘own a job’.
- SALES MOMENTUM – this is where the sales system becomes ‘bigger’ than the business owner. What this means is the sales activity is gaining momentum and drives the activity of the business owner (not the other way around). There are so many prospects, appointments, follow ups, new client processing and operations to do, the business owner can’t help but do what the business requires and be productive.
- CASHFLOW HAPPY – from the steps above, cashflow increases and there are choices. The business owner can truly step up to entrepreneurial thinking – systemizing, replication and new ideas to build the business can be the focus. We can see the end goal, the business is starting to work without you and you move towards it with more drive and clarity.
- REPLICATION – Entrepreneurs hate doing the work, but they WILL do the work until they have someone else to do it. This is where replication occurs. The business owner will replace themselves in each department of the business in order to spend more time bringing in the business, while other carefully recruited and well trained team members do the work.
The TEWAY Definitition of a TRUE ENTREPRENEUR, is a business owner
who has built a business that will work without them!
For more information contact Fiona: